Solar PV Solutions
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) rated products provide solutions for the control of solar PV systems. These UL-listed products feature a significantly higher DC-switching capability than non-PV alternatives. Rapid shutdown solutions conforming to current legal standards are also available.
Designed with solar applications in mind, these products feature the ratings and unique capabilities required to protect people and devices in a photovoltaic (PV) system. Our selection of PV products includes various forms of circuit protection and disconnect means, rapid shutdown solutions, and even contactors and terminal blocks.
- 2, 4, 6 and 8 pole models
- Range of mounting options available - panel, door, through-the-door & enclosed models
- Rotary “knife-contact” mechanism that is self-cleaning, vibration resistant, and highly reliable
- Patented SAFE-LOCK handle offers ON-OFF position plus “LOCKABLE OFF” position
PV Panel Rapid Shutdown
- Manual panel shutdown to 0V operated from ground level
- Automatic Emergency Temperature Shutdown at >85°C (185°F) temperature
- Automatic Emergency Power Loss Shutdown on external power loss
- Hardwire or Mobile Communication Alarm Signaling
- Easy to install - no set-up required
- IP68 (NEMA 4X)
- Rapid Shutdown Solution
- Contactor coil can be wired to AC power grid for shutdown of AC grid supply
- Standard 3 or 4 pole devices
- Rating up to 450A
PV Rated Solar Fuses
- 1000VDC (HP10M Series) / 1500VDC (HP15M Series)
- 1 to 32A
- Interrupt rating: 50kA DC
- Low fault current interrupt capability
- Temperature cycle withstand capability
- Industry’s first UL List solution
PV Rated Solar Disconnects
- 1000VDC (250A) and 1500VDC (400A) options
- Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR): 10kA
- Visible contacts
What are solar solutions?
PV systems introduce variables that normal systems do not need to account for. Examples of this include temperature cycling and the tendency to experience low currents at high voltages. These applications also demand high DC power switching. Solar solutions are designed to accommodate these demands.
Where are solar products used?
These solar/PV-rated devices are ideal for industrial-grade applications that make use of solar power. This falls mostly under two main categories:
- Rooftop Scale Applications
- String Combiner Box Applications
Who uses solar (PV) solutions?
Any industry that makes use of solar power has need of these devices in some combination. Some examples of industries that make frequent use of solar power include:
- Building Control
Is it all solar?
Being PV-rated does not mean that you can only use these devices in solar applications. A large reason these items are PV-rated is due to their high DC voltage rating. Some examples of non-solar applications where some of these devices may be ideal include:
- Battery Banks
- Line Transmission
- Rail Industry
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
IMO’s focus is on targeting the needs of applications in such a way as to improve efficiency in industrial processes. Their products are manufactured in quality-assured manufacturing sites in order to continue to be recognized for quality and reliability throughout the world. Every product line is designed to carry these values forward so that customers can be assured in the knowledge that they are making a no-compromise selection.
IMO Products Include:
- Solar DC Isolators
- PV Panel Rapid Shutdown
- DC Contactors
- PV Solar Terminal Blocks
More about IMO
Ferraz Shawmut by Mersen
For over 125 years, Mersen has been a leading player in the electrical power industry. They demonstrate global success in electrical components including electrical disconnects.
Mersen Products Include:
- PV Rated Solar Fuses
- PV Rated Solar Disconnects
More about Mersen