- Built and tested in accordance with applicable NEMA, ANSI and IEEE standards
- All 600 volt class transformers are UL listed unless otherwise noted
- Seismically tested, seismically qualified, and exceeds requirements of the Uniform Building Code (UBC) and California Code Title 24
- Designed for 60 Hz operation
- Short term overload is designed into transformers as required by ANSI: transformers will deliver 200% nameplate load for one-half hour; 150% load for one-hour; and 125% load for four-hours without being damaged provided that a constant 50% load precedes and follows the overload. See ANSI C57 .96-01.250 for additional limitations
- Primary and secondary windings are terminated in the wiring compartment
- Encapsulated units have copper leads or stabs brought out for connections, external cables rated at 90 °C (sized at 75 °C ampacity) for encapsulated designs recommended
|40 °C||55 °C||10 °C||105 °C|
|40 °C||80 °C||30 °C||150 °C|
|40 °C||115 °C||30 °C||185 °C|
The design life of transformers having different insulation systems is the same -the lower temperature systems are designed
for the same life as the higher temperature systems.
All Micron 600 volt class dry-type distribution transformers are designed to meet NEMA ST-20 levels listed here.
|KVA||NEMA Average* Sound|
Level in db40
*Applies to general purpose transformers only.